What started as an experiment by Satoshi Nakamoto is now powering more than a billion-dollar industry. Today, there are numerous Cryptocurrencies having specific use cases, providing an escape from traditional banking and fiat gateways. The rising popularity of Cryptocurrencies has made decentralized finance and lending platforms, lucrative for many investors seeking to diversify their portfolios. The lending practices among these cryptocurrency platforms follow similar patterns as conventional banks. However, the risks are negligible, and lending is more responsible than a traditional institution.
There are also numerous advantages for lending your Crypto and earning interest on them. It establishes passive income allowing you to enjoy greater freedom while you pursue other hobbies. It is not a hidden fact that the competition between Cryptocurrency landing platforms is heating up. Because of this, sometimes, it is hard to find the highest-paying interest platform for your Bitcoin or Altcoin. To solve this, we have made a comprehensive post highlighting the most popular and legit lending platforms.
You might already be familiar with this Cryptocurrency lending platform because of its massive advertising campaigns. Nexo is one of the most excellent lending cryptocurrency platforms and charges one of the lowest fees among its competitors. The company was founded back in 2017 and is backed by the founder of TechCrunch. As of today, they have over 200,000 customers, with more than a million paid to lenders in interest.
You might also like: Best ways to earn Bitcoin for free
One of the best advantages of using Nexo is its partnership with the BitGo wallet. The partnership enables the users who borrow or lend money within their cryptocurrency platform, insurance of up to $100 Million by Lloyd – a London-based Bank. You can earn 8% interest on your Stablecoins, and it accrues daily. The platform offers high flexibility, and you can withdraw anytime without any holding period.
- A licensed and regulated financial institution
- Enjoy 8% APR, which is a lot higher than conventional bank deposits and alternative financial institutions.
- Interest is compounded and paid daily with no fees.
- The company’s financial standing is regularly audited by Deloitte, to ensure compliance and reduce any chances of fraud or scam.
- Although the platform is quite popular, it still does not allow earning interest in Bitcoin or Ethereum.
- Lenders can only deposit fiat or stable coins to benefit from their lucrative APR.
From its inception as Monaco coin to rebranding as Crypto.com, this platform is on a mission to accelerate the world’s transition to crypto. The cryptocurrency platform has a qualified team of professionals and allows people to earn interest in their holdings.
Crypto.com is my favorite choice because it allows earning interest for up to 12% in Stable coins. Besides, the platform also supports collecting interest in various Cryptocurrencies, including Ethereum, Litecoin, and Ripple. The platform also has its application on Android and IOS and allows users to receive up to 5% cashback on all spending done through their debit cards.
- 12% interest on USD pegged coins, which is the highest in the industry.
- The best platform to earn interest on Altcoins while benefiting from price appreciation
- You can benefit from various rewards paid in their native token for using the platform.
- You can order a visa debit card to spend your Cryptocurrency easily.
- Instant credit lines with no wait or checks.
- Built-in exchange and automated quant trading for users to perform in every type of market.
- Interest is accrued weekly, which might take time to make your first withdrawal.
Alex Mashinsky founded the Celsius network in 2018. He is one of the parent holders of the VOIP (Voice over IP) technology and holds numerous awards for his entrepreneurship. Forbes listed Celsius network in their top 10 companies to track for 2018, saying “they have the technology to disturb conventional banking.” Celsius allows you to earn up to 10% annual interest on your Cryptocurrency holdings.
It provides a gateway to make your Cryptocurrency cold storage into recurring profit that is readily available in your Celsius Network account. You also have the option to earn in (Celsius) CEL tokens that allow you to add up to 30% more to your earnings. Just like Nexo and Crypto.com, there are no minimum deposit requirements and no fees or penalties on your profits. Similarly, there is no lock-up period, and you can withdraw your balance anytime you like.
- There are no withdrawal fees, deposit, or transaction fees
- The wallets are provided by BitGo and cover insurance for up to $100 million by Lloyd—London-based Bank – in case of bankruptcy or loss of funds.
- There is no lock-up period, and you can withdraw anytime allowing greater financial freedom
- The CEL token has been suspended for US customers. This means that the residents of the United States of America cannot benefit from the higher interest rate.
- Currently, there is no web-based platform for the Celsius Network, and all transactions take place on mobile application
Earning Interest in Bitcoin – Conclusion
Moneymakers go around the world and say that Crypto does not differ from hype. But after research, it is evident that Cryptocurrencies are transitioning into real word assets and are becoming easier to spend on everyday purchases. Today, there are several cryptocurrency platforms where you can earn interest on your Bitcoin by merely making a deposit.
However, keeping a record of the most lucrative interest rates can be quite tricky. To solve this, Coinmarketcap has launched a new service that tracks the interest offered by various lending platforms. The platform tracks over 30 Crypto assets from more than dozens of websites and compares their earnings and borrowing rates. You can sort the list by coins and tokens and see how much passive income you can make on different platforms based on a specific capital.
As a Cryptocurrency enthusiast and a firm believer in decentralized finance, I highly recommend checking their platform so you can make the most out of your digital assets.